- In the top section enter your information, name, business, etc.
- On line 1 of the “Protocol” section, if you plan on storing your protocol in a different location other than your business address listed above, enter the physical address where the protocol is going to be located.
- On the second line, please enter the name and address (not a P.O. Box) of the protocol custodian who will take over your protocol if your appointment is ever suspended or revoked, or you die or become incapacitated. This person must be a Florida Civil-law Notary.
- The protocol custodian signs the form where “Protocol Custodian Signature” is indicated on the next line.
- The Civil Law Notary Certification section must be signed and dated by you at the bottom of the form.
- Either on the margin of the form or on a blank piece of paper attached to the form, imprint or stamp your seal.
- Return the completed form to:
Florida Department of State
Division of Corporations, Civil Law Notary Section
ATTN: Mel Solomon
Post Office Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32314
- Florida Department of State
- The Department of State will send you written verification if your form is accepted. You may then begin your practice as a Florida Civil-law Notary.